This page contains affiliate links
For this Bow on a Rubber band project you will need
HOOK: a 4.5mm/ F hook
YARN: a bit of worsted weight yarn, 4 ply US, 10ply AU
a rubber band
PS = Puff stitch
YO = yarn over
Ch = Chain
sl st = Slip stitch
sc = single crochet
The Puff Stitch is done as follows.
YO, go in through stitch and pull up a loop, (3 loops on hook)
YO, go in through stitch and pull up a loop, (5 loops on hook)
YO, go in through stitch and pull up a loop, YO and pull through all 7 loops on your hook. Then chain one to secure puff stitch.
THE TUTORIALS for Bow on a Rubber band
Right handed Version
Left handed Version
If you haven’t yet, take a moment to subscribe to my videos on YouTube to have easy access to all my videos and playlist
Leave yourself a long tail before you make your slip knot like shown above.
Puff stitch in 2nd chain from hook and next 2 sts, ch 1 and turn
Rows 2 – 7 (6 rows)
Do three puff stitches working in the tops of the puff stitches from the previous row, ch 1 and turn.
On last row ch 1 and cut leaving yourself a long tail, this will be what we use to wrap the center of the bow.
With your tapestry needle, work both your tails to the middle row.
Wrap the yarn around the center row. Make sure you don’t wrap all of it, you will need some tail to sew onto your project. Insert you hook underneath the wrapped yarn as show below.
Then pull underneath
Forming a loop on the other side. Then pull your tail through this loop to secure.
Like shown below.
Sew it onto whatever you wish or you can finish hiding your tails and attach to a rubber band.
Do a sc connection to attach to rubber band.
Then sc your way around until you have all but a half of a inch left.
- Slip your hook underneath first section and slip stitch to connect.
- Then sc two on your rubber band.
- Then slip your hook underneath the center section and slip stitch.
- Then sc two onto your rubber band.
- Then slip your hook underneath last secton and slip stitch.
- Then sc to finish covering your rubber band. Sl st into beginning sc and ch 1, cut yarn, leaving yourself a bit of tail to be worked in. Feed your tail through the stitches of the rubber band.
- Then stretch out your rubber band to hide tail.
- Then cut the rest of your tail off and it’s ready for use!
This pattern is brought to you by www.meladorascreations.com
You can sell any item made from this pattern and link back to my page or videos, but you do not have permission to copy and paste my pattern anywhere online. ©Copyright 2015, All Rights Reserved
~~~~~~~~~PLEASE READ BELOW!~~~~~~~~~~
If you are a fan of my work, please help me to improve it by becoming a patron. Read more about it here and find out how you can help.